In this Seoul travel guide, Chillytrip.com will share basic information about how to travel, where, what foods, famous attractions should go in Seoul and what the real experience gives people an overview of the city as well as scheduling their trip.
- 1 SOME POINTS TO KNOW ABOUT KOREA TOURISM
- 2 MOVE IN SEOUL
- 3 AT HOTELS ONCE TO SEOUL
- 4 In what areas when traveling Seoul?
- 5 WHERE DID I GO TO SEOUL?
- 6 FOOD AND EATING AT SEOUL
- 7 PLACES TO VISIT IN SEOUL – KOREA
- 7.1 Shopping in Myeongdong
- 7.2 Namsan Tower
- 7.3 The ancient village of Bukchon Hanok Village and the nearby palaces
- 7.4 Ihwa Mural Village and Naksan Park
- 7.5 Ewha Womans University Girls’ University
- 7.6 Hongdae area
- 7.7 Digital Media City (DMC)
- 7.8 Dongdaemun area
- 7.9 Itaewon and Gangnam areas
- 7.10 Banpo Bridge on the Han River
- 7.11 Seoul Forest
- 7.12 Amusement parks like Lotte World and Everland
- 7.13 Nami Island
- 7.14 Jimjilbang bath
- 8 SCHEDULE 6 DAYS 5 NIGHT IN SEOUL
- 9 EPILOGUE
SOME POINTS TO KNOW ABOUT KOREA TOURISM
The Korean currency used is Korea Won, abbreviated as KRW. Rate is quite stable 1 USD ~ 1120 KRW.
Mobile SIM card
Some of you have said that in Seoul free wifi is everywhere so no need to buy sim what to spend money, this is also not very accurate. Actually, free wifi is available only at airports like Gimpo or Incheon, in hotels, cafes when you go, but on the way if you want to have wifi you will still need to have sim to sign up for an account, or buy a package. of a certain supplier.
So if anyone needs to contact or need the Internet when going to Korea, there should be a 4G sim, buying sim is easy because there are many stores in the airport.
Only the sim price in Korea is quite expensive, more expensive than other Asian countries, I buy unlimited 4G 4G, not hear the message, the price is $ 29.
This is a kind of card used to travel on board, bus and pay at convenience stores. When traveling Korea you should buy this card, the price of the card is 4000 KRW have no money in the account that you have to recharge at the automatic ticket machines at the train station. The price of each train using T-money is 1250 KRW, and if you buy 1350 KRW, you will not have to buy more tickets, just swipe and board.
During the 6 days in Seoul I loaded up to 25000 KRW to travel on subway and bus. You can rest assured that you will be able to purchase and recharge your T-money as this card has no expiry date, and when you return from Incheon Airport you can still get a refund on the card if you wish at the ticket machines.
Counseling a bit about costumes and photography
Since I am a photographer, I have to consider the costume as well as the beauty of the picture. Anyone who travels now is not interested in taking pictures, the selfie now has a higher level than just bringing the camera in front of him and laughing, most notably the trip to Korea, the country of beauty and fashion.
Korean weather is very suitable for the adventure photos, you should choose the gray tone that will suit the context here. With tougher tonal colors, you should prepare for the day determined to go to the lovely cafe kute.
Some other note
Korea is a developed, civilized and modern country no other country in the world. You travel to Korea will not have to worry much about travel, dining, technology, shopping and other means of payment because they are available anywhere. Theft or other evils are almost nonexistent (or I have not seen), and you will not have to worry about the tram or the fear of being robbed or robbed. But a minus point is that the cost here is expensive, I estimate the cost in Korea is more expensive than Singapore.
Koreans when you meet on the street or in shops that do not speak English, very few people can speak English except those who work in services related to foreigners such as travel, There is talk or half-Korean style. Therefore, you should have Google Translate or some software available for Korean translation as needed.
In addition, Korea is cold and dry, you should bring cream on the skin to avoid dry cracked skin is very uncomfortable. At the high end hotel / homestay they will be equipped but the usual hotel is not available.
MOVE IN SEOUL
Traveling between airport and city center
Incheon International Airport
Often when flying from Vietnam to Seoul you will land at Incheon Airport, the main and largest airport of the Korean capital. From the airport there are many ways to get to the city center, such as by bus, taxi or tram. For ordinary travelers, you take the tram (in Korea called Subway) about the convenience and the lowest price. There are two types of Seoul subway:
- Express Train: The express train connects the airport and the city. It does not stop running straight to Seoul, but it costs quite 8500 KRW / pass and buys tickets at the counter (T-money cards are not available).
- Type All Stops Train: This is the Subway train that runs from the airport to the city, called the slow train because it stops at all points on the itinerary. While the Express ran 40 minutes, the All Stops lost 50 minutes – 1 hour. All Stops prices are 3.250 KRW and can be used for T-money cards. Gimpo International Airport.
Gimpo International Airport
This airport will go if you fly from Seoul to Jeju, Busan, near the city than Incheon. From Gimpo to Seoul you take the All Stops train (no Express train) is quite simple. Or if anyone from Incheon want to go to Gimpo can also take the All Stops about 30 minutes. The fare is just the normal subway fare, which is 1250 KRW per turn.
The usual procedure when you fly to Seoul is to find a phone sim shop (the store is on the way to the subway), then buy a T-money card and then take the train back to the city. At any airport, the terminal is finally Seoul Station because the airport line is unrelated line with no other line transfer station. From this station you continue to catch the subway to the hotel.
Travel by subway in the city center
Traveling in the city is convenient and the cheapest is still trains. You should download the tram maps to your phone or Subway Korea software for visually-impaired, where to go, search and find directions on the phone.
Seoul’s train system is complex, intertwined. There are 9 lines in different colors and numbered from 1 to 9. Cruise experience in Seoul:
- Sailing in Seoul is like taking a train in other cities, you determine the right spot on the map of Seoul, see which nearest station there is not to go to. Once you have identified the station you are looking for, go to the Subway software to find the shortest route to go.
- There are a lot of built-in terminals in Seoul, with no elevators, so when you go to a certain point, you need to determine which door to go for fast, particularly with less stairs. You have to drag luggage too heavy and cumbersome.
- Some of the routes you will see on the map will have both direct and stop, so be aware of what they report to the station because many times they think the train will stop at the intermediate station but actually the train has run. through the point you need to.
- Continuously see the directions in the direction gauge to the waiting area you need to go.
Note some special lines:
- Airport Railroad – line dành riêng ra sân bay, cả sân bay Incheon và Gimpo đều nằm trên line này. Line sân bay cũng qua ga Hongik Univ., ga này để đi đến khu Hongdae.
- Line 1: via Dongdaemun Station, can be used to go to Cheonggyecheon Stream and Dongdaemun Design Plaza.
- Line 3: Angkor Railway Station goes to Bukchon Hanok Village, Express Bus Station goes to Banpo Bridge to see the light show.
- Line 6: Go to Itaewon.
Train from Seoul to other cities
If you want to travel from Seoul to Busan or other cities, catching boats is the quickest and most convenient way. For example, take Busan you will have to go through Seoul Station (this station is right next to Subway station in Seoul Station). You can pre-order through the Letskorail website, choose to take a KTX fast train or slow train (stop multiple stations), the price will vary significantly, and speed also varies accordingly.
AT HOTELS ONCE TO SEOUL
Seoul is a large city and has many quarters with different characteristics. Because traveling in Seoul is convenient, wherever you can travel to other places easily, so you do not need to worry about where you are.
Hotels in Seoul are also extremely varied and generally costly, with Hostel-Dorm prices ranging from $ 20- $ 35 USD per night, budget hotels or guest houses for $ 50- $ 150 USD per night and per guest. Luxury hotels cost $ 150 per night.
In what areas when traveling Seoul?
- Myeongdong: busy shopping area where the Vietnamese people should be together. This is the heart of the city with many hotels and restaurants, bars and nightclubs. If anyone likes to shop, it should be in Myeongdong.
- Jung-Gu and Jongno-Gu: Two central districts are very convenient for sightseeing and shopping without having to travel on multiple subways. Along with Myeongdong, room rates are among the most expensive in Seoul.
- Seoul Station: The hotel is quite diverse, convenient to the airport and also close to central areas like Myeongdong.
- Hongdae: Located west of Seoul, far away from the center, it is also crowded with many shopping malls, restaurants and universities. Hotels here are also cheaper than in the center.
- Gangnam-Gu: Located in south Seoul, the area is mainly the office people, many hotels, nightclubs.
WHERE DID I GO TO SEOUL?
This trip will take me to 3 different style hotels (people are curious and like to review!). You can refer below:
1. Twin City Apartment: This apartment can accommodate 3-4 people with full facilities, located on the 17th floor of Twin City Twin Tower in Seoul Station, next to Four Points by Sheraton. I choose the corner corner so the panoramic view of the city, especially at night the city lights up very beautiful. Also on the top floor is a gym with full equipment, free cafe tea and massage chair free.
Room rate: $ 215/2 nights / 2 people.
2. Small House Big Door: The hotel is located close to the busy and noisy Myeongdong, just 5 minutes’ walk away. However, the area around the hotel is very quiet, apart from the room there is a cafe and office on the first floor.
Price $ 110 / night / 2 people.
3. Moon Guesthouse: This is where I spent my last day flying to Hanoi the next day, a Korean traditional house near Bukchon Hanok Village. Due to one person, the small room has only one bed, but the guesthouse also has large rooms for two and a family room. Style is Korean culture style, peaceful and gentle.
Price: $ 29 / night / single person, double room $ 58 / night.
In addition to Small House Big Door is booked through Booking.com, the remaining two apartments I booked through Airbnb, where there are many beautiful studio apartment. The owners of these two apartments are very young and beautiful girlfriend, who have studied abroad should speak English very well.
FOOD AND EATING AT SEOUL
Korea is a gastronomic paradise, look on the TV have been fascinated people and then go directly experience, enjoy the more! Korean food clothing also has a wide variety of streetfoods ranging from street food to traditional food.
Spot some street food:
- Spicy rice cake Tteokbokki: This type of small rolls is similar to Vietnamese thick rice cake, served with spicy sauce. Tteokbokki is everywhere from the streetfood stalls and even in the eateries, the cold air is biting and delicious.
- Gimbap: made with rice and various ingredients rolls in dried seaweed leaves, there are also types of egg rolls out to eat delicious because Korean rice is both delicious and attractive.
- Twigim: Very similar to the Japanese tempura, made from popular and popular vegetables such as okra, sweet potatoes, onions, carrots … and fried bread crumbs fried crispy in the pan.
- Dakkochi: Simply put, spicy chicken, chicken marinated in spices and skewered with onions, then baked or fried. Then they will add tomato sauce, syrup or honey to the sauce.
There are also Odeng fish fry, Hotteok donuts similar to pancakes, … Street foods you can meet in many places in Seoul, especially the crowded markets and shopping. It can be described here as Myeongdong, Gwangjang Market, Namdaemun Market, Dongdaemun Street Food Zone…
Typical dishes and places to eat:
- Korean BBQ – (Gogigui 고기 구이): An outstanding feature, eat countless meals without getting bored. Those who eat Gogi in Vietnam, also imagine this dish in Korea, but of course eating in Korea is still much better! I eat at 예송 숯불 갈비 near Seoul Station.
- Rice mixed with vegetables, chili sauce, added some extra ingredients such as peach egg, sliced thin, .. I eat in Insadong, near Bukchong Hanok village: 38 Gwanhun-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul 110-300, South Korea.
- Samgyetang Ginseng Chicken: made from whole chicken stuffed with sticky rice, ginseng, red apples, garlic and ginger. This dish traditionally Koreans eat on the hottest days of the year called sambok.
- Sundubu Jiggae (재동 순두부): In addition to grilled meat, you can not help but try seafood and delicious Tofu at Jaedong Sundubu.
- Eat streetfood in Gwangjang Market: the busy market of gourmet restaurants with all sorts of streetfoods from Tteokbokki, Gimbap to meats, cucumbers … especially octopus is still alive on the plate. When you eat you call for a little bit, because of language differences, when I say they do not understand, to serve a lot of food is not up, charged me alone to 21.000 KRW.
- Grilled fish in Dongdaemun Grilled Fish Street: Near Gwangjang Market, you go down the alleyway into a small alley to Dongdaemun Grilled Fish Street with lots of small grilled fish kebabs.
- Mandu 만두, also known as dumpling, Korean bidding, is similar to Chinese or Taiwanese bidding. Good food: Bukchon Son Mandu.
- Patbingsu – Dice: Dessert is a pure dessert combining ice and red bean paste, but in Korea they have a lot of combinations and create a variety of Patbingsu with different color styles. Coming to Korea can not help eating Patbingsu.
- Noodles: Korean is famous and features noodles such as Ramen noodles, Udon noodles, Naengmyeon cold noodles, etc. Pubs can also be caught on the streets. Price range 5000-8000 KRW / bowl.
In the meals in Korea often they will have quite a lot of items such as Kimchi, dried fish small, salads like cabbage, salt radishes … These items will be you get unlimited.
PLACES TO VISIT IN SEOUL – KOREA
Shopping in Myeongdong
The neighborhood is so well-known in central Seoul that it is home to some of the city’s most popular shopping and dining destinations with a full range of cosmetics, fashion and dining. You go where you go, but will have to turn over to Myeongdong island several times in my journey.
Close to Myeongdong, walking distance. This tower located on Nam San Mountain is also considered one of the symbols of Seoul. To get to the tower you need to pass an automatic elevator – or call the cable car also, then buy a cable car (8500 KRW / round trip) to the foot of the tower.
From here you can take part in the activities at the foot of the tower because here is a fun complex, there are bridges like the bridge in Paris, or buy tickets to the top of the tower watching the entire Seoul. Next to the Namsan Tower is Namsan Park, and the ancient village of Namsangol Hanok Village, you can always go.
The ancient village of Bukchon Hanok Village and the nearby palaces
The ancient village of Bukchon Hanok, home to traditional Korean style houses. Here you can hire hanbok to take pictures, roam the peaceful old town and also lovely.
Bukchon village is also home to many ancient Korean kings such as Gyeongbokgung Palace, Changdeokgung Palace and Huwon Palace. These palaces have to buy admission tickets, but there is a less famous palace but free admission is the Unhyeongung Palace you can consider visiting. This palace is closed every Monday.
Way out: Anguk Station (Seoul Subway Line 3), Exit 1 or 2. Then go straight about 300m to the old village.
Ihwa Mural Village and Naksan Park
Calling the village sounds a little rural, but this is actually a small neighborhood that I’ve always seen in Korean movies where people living in poor neighborhoods away from downtown Seoul are expensive. dirty. The stairs to the towering village but full of romance in Korean Drama, a place where I tell myself that I have to visit Seoul.
In addition to the romantic ladder, there are also many pretty cafes, painted walls of Korean style colors to spoil your imagination. Going up to the top will be the road to Naksan Park, and then watch the entire city from above, where I envision the Korean boys / girls when lovelorn is usually up here alone (next to another point) is the Han River bank).
Ewha Womans University Girls’ University
This university is dedicated to the girls, I like to come here because of the unique architecture of Europe’s antiquated medieval school and a bit of modernity. In addition, the campus full of trees and small roads are also very attractive visitors, can not help but mention the street cafe and romantic cafes.
Getting There: Ewha Womans Univ. Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 2 or 3, walk about 300m is to.
This area is located in the West of Seoul, a bit far from the center, but it is home to many bustling restaurants, bustling Hongdae Shopping Street. The prices here range from dining and accommodation to more comfortable than in the center. Anyone who loves Big Bang can not stop visiting the YG Entertainment headquarters located in Hongdae.
Digital Media City (DMC)
The technology city of Korea, is located on the All Stop Train from Incheon Airport to Seoul Station. Here are many high-rise buildings, high-tech areas that when you visit you can imagine the Parisian La Defense.
Getting There: Digital Media City Station (Seoul Subway Line 6), Exit 2.
The area is home to many Dongdaemun markets, the Cheonggyecheon Stream and the Dongdaemun Design Plaza (DDP). Dongdaemun Market and DDP are quite close, if anyone is passionate about the art and architecture, it is imperative that DDP can not miss the great exhibits, artworks and unique architecture of the nest. This DDP.
It is a few minutes’ walk from the Cheonggyecheon artificial spring, which runs across the city and is a tributary of the Han River. Cheonggyecheon is not just a stream, it is also a popular place to visit, where you can walk freely beside the murmuring water, feeling like a miniature park because here they build erected with winding roads, stone chairs resting romantic … Evening here is very beautiful.
DDP way: Dongdaemun History & Culture Park Station (Seoul Subway Line 2, 4, 5) Exit door 1.
Itaewon and Gangnam areas
Itaewon is famous for its food street and trendy cafes and bars everywhere. In addition to steep slopes with a variety of cafes, cafes and ice creams, Itaewon is home to quite a few foreigners, many of the villas of wealthy families. Evening in the area is also very busy.
Gangnam is also known as the rich neighborhood, which is famous for its millionth video view on youtube: “Gangnam Style”. If you have a hobby of shopping, you should come here because Gangnam has a lot of shopping centers, large shopping malls with many famous fashion cosmetics companies. In addition, the purchase of goods here is more preferred or is included, so the purchase price is often quite good.
Banpo Bridge on the Han River
This bridge is famous for its spectacular fountains, setting a Guinness World Record for the longest bridge in the world, with a total length of 1,140m and 10,000 LEDs. To get here, take the subway to the Express Bus Terminal, a 1 kilometer walk to the Han River.
Express Bus Terminal Station (Seoul Subway Line 3, 7, 9), Exit 8-1, go straight 250m then turn right at Sageori Express Bus Terminal, go straight to the bridge. Note that walking distance is quite far.
Suitable for family picnics, the Seoul Forest is also a fun-filled party in the style of the container, ie fashion shops, gifts or coffee are built from containers. eye-catching paint.
Seoul Forest area is very wide, fresh air and many green trees. Due to the beautiful weather in Seoul, the city has a number of parks that allow people to walk, play and relax.
Amusement parks like Lotte World and Everland
Normally you will spend the whole day going to one of these places, almost like the water park or Dam Sen Park, Sentosa in Singapore. However, this place is super wide with countless different games, buy one ticket to play all the games, only a few special services to buy more. Everland has a zoo in it and Lotte World does not.
Way to Everland: to the subway Jeondae-Everland Station (Yongin EverLine), Exit 3. Catch the shuttle bus to Everland (bus operating time: 05: 30-23: 30).
One of the places where people go because this is the setting for the movie “Winter Sonata”. The island is actually just a small area between the banks of the river, so you will have to take a shuttle bus from Gapyeong Station a short distance from the city, then catch a ferry across the island. On the island is full of services so you can rest assured all day playing here.
SCHEDULE 6 DAYS 5 NIGHT IN SEOUL
You note that this is the actual schedule I have been going for, you can refer to and plan your own because each has a different style and taste experience.
For example, I do not like spots like Nami Island or the amusement parks Lotte World, Everland so do not go, but if anyone goes with a family with young children can put on schedule. Note that each of these points often take a whole day to play, go back. Also you can save a hotel room night by taking a Jimjilbang bath and sleeping overnight there.
Fly to Seoul, buy sim phones, buy T-money cards and take the All stops train to the city center. Check-in hotel and go to Myeongdong shopping area.
Late afternoon, walk to the foot of Nam San Mountain, buy cable car tickets and go to Nam San Tower, play only below, not buy tickets to the top of the tower. Evening back to Myeongdong for dinner and shopping.
In the morning, visit the ancient village of Bukchon Hanok Village, rent a Hanbok, and eat lunch near the village. Visit the palaces of Gyeongbokgung Palace and Changdeokgung Palace and Huwon.
In the afternoon go subway to Ehwa Woman Unv., Continue to Hongdae play from afternoon to night.
In the morning, go to Digital Media City (DMC), then go to Gwangjang Market for lunch.
Afternoon walk through Dongdaemun Grilled Fish Street nearby, then back to visit Ihwa Mural Village and Naksan Park. Afternoon walk at the Cheonggyecheon Stream, visit DDP and eat street food, see outdoor music near the DDP.
Morning glide at Myeongdong for a while then catch subway through Gangnam, visit some attractions in this area, wandering shopping.
By the afternoon Seoul Forest, stroll around the park and the container market. Then move through Itaewon and stroll around some ice cream and coffee shops here.
In the evening go to the Han River to see the light show at Banpo Bridge.
Morning visit Unhyeongung, fled to Myeongdong eating and lunch to find the bath Jimjilbang but no, so go to the Itaewon area to bath Jimjlbang.
In the afternoon continue to flirt Itaewon, shopping to the next day to Hanoi. Dinner at Sundubu Jiggae dinner near the guesthouse.
Prepare your airport early to hang around airport duty free. You need time because you have to go to Seoul Station to catch the train to the airport, subway station Seoul is quite wide so move a bit long, from here to the airport also take an hour train All Stops train.